Planning Methods -
Maximize Your Dream Possibilities
Your ideas and dreams can see the light of day by using a simple, and logical, 5 step called process called The Master Method. In the course of working with Arrow Timber Framing, you will see for yourself how this simple, incredibly powerful, 5 step problem solving process, maximizes your possibilities. It is hard to go wrong with a timber framing company whose business model can be summed up with honesty, hard work, and passion for creative designs and building solutions.
"All things to all people" is our goal. Bert Sarkkinen (The Owner) knows first had that the power of this logical process combined with the passion and creativity at Arrow Timber Framing, opens many possibilities and solves multi-faceted problems. E.Goldratt, a business scientist, wrote a series of business books that sold over 3 million copies, and we have taken his theory of constraints and ongoing improvements ideas home to Arrow Timber Framing. Developing our own flow chart to process and solve problems, we help customers reach goals with regard to timber framing. In other words, our 5 step process helps you remove barriers in your life that that prevent you from reaching your goals!
Your goals are also our goals. Simply because we know that if we take care of you, you will take care of us.
Relating directly to our mutual goal, is a story which we've created for the purpose of teaching the 5-step problem solving, called "The Elusive Dream" This guide is given to clients in the course of planning their timber projects, which has been modeled after "John and Lisa", a couple who build a house and go through a process of growing at the same time.
However this 5-step process is not limited to construction goals. It can be applied to virtually any problem or barrier that confronts you: relationship goals, your child's homework, finding a good job, etc. But be prepared to think and plan, as it requires time and effort. While this 5 step process is very a powerful tool, it's only a guideline. Everyone's going to do things a little differently and we understand that.
How do we get Started?
Phase 1- Design and Set Goals:
Option A - Immediate Start
1) Contact us. Let's talk about what you need and want to accomplish with your Arrow Timber Frame project.
2) We'll discuss your goals with you and once we've defined your idea, we can start talking about rough estimates of cost to help you plan. When we're both committed to the idea, we'll invoice for a design retainer, which will be put as a credit against the final bill. (This allows us to put our heart into design options and focus on the absolute best outcome for you because many times great designs are not simply created but developed with designer/client interaction.) A retainer is not needed if plans have already been drawn up and you simply need a price quote.
Option B - Plan For Future Start
1) Use the Arrow Timber resources available to you to help figure out what you want and how to get it.
2) Contact us for any questions you might have during your planning process.
3) Let us know when you are ready for option A - Immediate Start.Phase 2- Refine Goals and Finalize Design:
1) We design your project, and present you with different options - After you view the options we re-work and modify until you say "Yes! This is what I want!"
2) Next, you'll get a written proposal with all of the costs laid out for you, so you understand what you are getting.Phase 3- Start the Construction Process:
1) If the project requires it, we get an architect, engineer, and other subcontractors on board. Permits and submittals get started, and we set a timeline for construction.
2) We order materials and start fabricating. Usually we bill for 40% when we start (for the design and buying materials), 40% for fabrication, and the last 20% upon completion.
3) We safely and efficiently deliver or install your project, and see it through to the last detail, to make sure you are happy with everything.Phase 4- Keeping you Happy:
1) This phase is about long-term relationships and maintaining trust. Therefore, even after your timbers are erected and our work is done, we gladly help with any questions you might have, from timber maintenance to atmosphere decor.
In conclusion, please let us earn the right to be a trusted part of your team to help you get your personalized living space.
Thanks. Bert Sarkkinen